Quantcast

Can't get a key press to interupt boot

jimparkhurst00
I'm trying to make changes to the environment for the chestnut 43 board and I can't figure out a way to make it work.

I've tried with the console, USB keyboard, Screen.

I've had it interrupt occasionally but I've never been able to get a consistent interrupt.

Any help?

Regards,

Jim

Re: Can't get a key press to interupt boot

adam
Which u-boot/kernel are you using? Are you trying to get the u-boot prompt?

Adam

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:30 AM, jimparkhurst00 [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm trying to make changes to the environment for the chestnut 43 board and I can't figure out a way to make it work.

I've tried with the console, USB keyboard, Screen.

I've had it interrupt occasionally but I've never been able to get a consistent interrupt.

Any help?

Regards,

Jim

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Can-t-get-a-key-press-to-interupt-boot-tp4969205.html
To start a new topic under Gumstix, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Gumstix, click here.

Re: Can't get a key press to interupt boot

jimparkhurst00
I'm trying to get to the uboot prompt.

At this point I'm not into the u-boot-kernel.

this is still post on the nand.

Re: Can't get a key press to interupt boot

Nom1vk
When this happened to me twice a long time ago, it was the 70-pin Overo connector not sitting right.

Try removing and connecting the Overo from the Board. It is very strange because you can see the boot messages but can't get a key press.

Re: Can't get a key press to interupt boot

jimparkhurst00
I've removed and reinstalled the COM several times that doesn't seem to matter.  I added the interposer and still nothing.

I have 2 new Firestorms on the way that may work.

Regards,

Jim

Re: Can't get a key press to interupt boot

jimparkhurst00
I not only changed the overo board for a new fire storm.
I tested with a janus board incase it was the console.

Nothing seems to work.

Regards,
Jim

Re: Can't get a key press to interupt boot

jimparkhurst00
I'm assuming (knowing how bad that is) that the console port is where the key press should originate from.

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Can-t-get-a-key-press-to-interupt-boot-tp4969205p4969223.html
To start a new topic under Gumstix, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Gumstix, click here.

Re: Can't get a key press to interupt boot

jimparkhurst00
It just counts past the interrupt section then proceeds to boot.

What is interesting is the console works after booting up.

Though I do have to restart putty.

So I'm thinking it is something to do with putty and the console port.

I've changed systems and cables.

 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2014.06.04 13:39:00 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
60
U-Boot SPL 2013.07-00015-g3f0f2f7 (Nov 20 2013 - 16:35:24)

U-Boot 2013.07-00015-g3f0f2f7 (Nov 20 2013 - 16:35:24)
OMAP36XX/37XX-GP ES1.2, CPU-OPP2, L3-165MHz, Max CPU Clock 1 Ghz
Gumstix Overo board + LPDDR/NAND
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
NAND:  512 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Board revision: 1
Tranceiver detected on mmc2
No EEPROM on expansion board
Die ID #777e00029ff80000015a8b050a034019
Net:   smc911x-0
Warning: smc911x-0 using MAC address from net device
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  5  4  3  2  1  0
Card did not respond to voltage select!
mmc0(part 0) is current device
Card did not respond to voltage select!
Booting from nand ...
NAND read: device 0 offset 0x280000, size 0x800000
 8388608 bytes read: OK
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-3.5.7
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    3487032 Bytes = 3.3 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
Starting kernel ...
Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[    0.000000] Linux version 3.5.7 ([hidden email]) (gcc version 4.7.2 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Sun Aug 25 17:55:27 PDT 2013
[    0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [413fc082] revision 2 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
[    0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
[    0.000000] Machine: Gumstix Overo
[    0.000000] Reserving 12582912 bytes SDRAM for VRAM
[    0.000000] Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
[    0.000000] OMAP3630 ES1.2 (l2cache iva sgx neon isp 192mhz_clk )
[    0.000000] Clocking rate (Crystal/Core/MPU): 26.0/400/600 MHz
[    0.

Re: Can't get a key press to interupt boot

jimparkhurst00
Never mind.......stupid engineer.
I have had to reload several thing over the last several weeks.

I missed the serial setting of flow control.

Xon-Xoff disabled now everything is working.

Regards,

Jim

where did all the how to's go.

jimparkhurst00
I've had to rebuild my system and have lost all my links to the good stuff.

Can someone send me the link for the getting started how to?

Thanks,

Sent from the Gumstix mailing list archive at Nabble.com. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Time is money. Stop wasting it! Get your web API in 5 minutes. www.restlet.com/download http://p.sf.net/sfu/restlet _______________________________________________ gumstix-users mailing list

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Can-t-get-a-key-press-to-interupt-boot-tp4969205p4969223.html
To start a new topic under Gumstix, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Gumstix, click here.

Re: where did all the how to's go.

adam
Hi Jim - this is the getting started guide for Gumstix - http://gumstix.org/getting-started-guide.html

And here is the link to the Yocto Project repo- https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo