Quantcast

C6Accel can't load DSP

Simon Knopp
Hi all,

Does anyone here have any experience using the DSP via C6Accel? I have
written a very basic test application which compiles and links without a
problem. When I run it on the Gumstix (Fire) though, C6accel_create()
returns NULL. I've narrowed this down to Engine_open("omap3530")
returning Engine_EDSPLOAD -- can't load the DSP. I've followed the
example at [1] pretty closely, so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

I should note that I am doing this outside of OpenEmbedded but I'm
pointing to the toolchain and ti-c6accel in my OE tmp directory.

Any bright ideas?

Regards,
Simon.

[1]: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/C6Accel_ARM_user_Documentation

Re: C6Accel can't load DSP

zoso1234
use CE_DEBUG=2 ./application
or CE_DEBUG=3 ./app..

that might point you the problem..

I've used c6accel pretty extensive but its hard to tell what the issue is you have described

Re: C6Accel can't load DSP

Simon Knopp
On 01/08/12 05:41, zoso1234 wrote:
> use CE_DEBUG=2 ./application
> or CE_DEBUG=3 ./app..
>
> that might point you the problem..
>
> I've used c6accel pretty extensive but its hard to tell what the issue is
> you have described

Ahh, that was just what I needed, thanks! It turns out that my test
program couldn't find c6accel_omap3530.x64P. Copying that from
/usr/share/ti/c6accel-apps/ into my program's directory solved the problem.

Thanks again,
Simon.