Quantcast

Building kernel w/o CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS

Building kernel w/o CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS

mathineau
Until now, using prebuilt images have been successful for me. However, I'm now trying to use the PWM timers and I'd like to recompile the kernel without the CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS option.

I tried to bitbake the virtual/kernel or the omap3-console-image with the 2011.03 branch of official git repo but if fails because of a 404 error.

I also tried to use the gnome-r13 branch of Sakoman's repo but it fails due to a compile error.

I'm now looking for some help to compile the kernel or just to access the PWM registers knowing that the CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS is set in the prebuilt kernels.

Thanks !

Re: Building kernel w/o CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS

mathineau
Any idea someone ?

When I try to bitbake linux-sakoman-pm (or virtual/kernel), I'm getting this error :
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `add.c', needed by `add.lo'.  Stop.
NOTE: package gmp-native-4.2.4-r1.1: task do_compile: Failed
ERROR: Function 'do_compile' failed

Re: Building kernel w/o CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS

Gutembert
Hi mathineau,

Do this: (1)

"cd" to "org.openembedded.dev"
git pull --rebase
cd ..

If complaining about your GIT not being up to date, go to (2)
If not complaing about GIT not being up to to date, go to (3)

(2) "cd" to "org.openembedded.dev"
git stash
git pull --rebase
git stash apply
git stash clear
cd ..

(3) Then rebuild the package which causes the error. e.g. IN YOUR CASE!!!

bitbake -c clear gmp-native
bitbake -c rebuild gmp-native

If it does complain about "do_clear"  or "do_rebuild" not existing for target package, just do the "bitbake gmp-native".

And finally, run your build again from your "overo-oe" directory.

NB: Always source your "profile" file before any "bitbake" (source ~/overo-oe/build/profile).
        Sometimes, using "-k" might help bypassing some errors (e.g. bitbake -k task-gstreamer-ti)

Hope this help,
Gutembert.