Building a linux omap3 pm for Overo

victoraa
I'm trying to build a image for my Overo where I can reduce the power consumption (PM). As I see in this post http://old.nabble.com/sample-numbers-for-Overo-Earth-power-consumption-td29792431.html I need a Linux Omap3 PM kernel.
I have modified the overo config file (org.openembedded.dev/conf/machine/overo.conf) to include PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-omap-pm", and not "linux-omap3". Then I build a simple omap3-console-image (bitbake omap3-console-image), that include the last linux-omap-pm linux kernel recipe version  (the default last version is 2.6.29, recipes/linux/linux-omap-pm_2.6.29.bb).
Is this the correct way to build it?

Re: Building a linux omap3 pm for Overo

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Victor Andres <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to build a image for my Overo where I can reduce the power
> consumption (PM). As I see in this
> post http://old.nabble.com/sample-numbers-for-Overo-Earth-power-consumption-td29792431.html I
> need a Linux Omap3 PM kernel.
> I have modified the overo config file
> (org.openembedded.dev/conf/machine/overo.conf) to include
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-omap-pm", and not "linux-omap3".
> Then I build a simple omap3-console-image (bitbake omap3-console-image),
> that include the last linux-omap-pm linux kernel recipe version  (the
> default last version is 2.6.29, recipes/linux/linux-omap-pm_2.6.29.bb).
> Is this the correct way to build it?

Thats how i setup and build my kernel but I am using the psp. Should
be the same I would expect.