Quantcast

Bluetooth pairing

MarcusJ
This post was updated on .
Hi!
I'm struggling to get bluetooth on my overo fire to pair with my computer.
Currently I'm running the 3.0 kernel.
I can get the overo to request a connection to my computer but the pairing always fails. If i try to get my computer to request a pairing with the overo it just says that the pairing is refused.
I've tried with the standard pincodes as well as putting the pincodes into /var/lib/bluetooth/<BTHWADRESS>/pincodes but nothing seems to work.
I also downloaded the simple-agent script but it just gives an error message when in try to run it.
When i try to use the dbus commands from the commandline that is used in the simple-agent script i get the same error message.
The command I'm running is:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez / \
> org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter
The error message is: Error org.bluez.Error.NoSuchAdapter: No such adapter

Can someone see where the problem lies?
The only thing i can't get working is the pairing. All the hcitool and hciconfig commands seems to be working as far as i can tell.

EDIT:
To clarify a bit:
If I run the command #pand -r PANU -c <COMP_BTADDR>
My computer, which runs windows, opens a dialog where i input a pincode. But when i enter the pin, windows claims it can't add the device as the device doesn't support this kind of authentification.
The pin i enter is '1234' as I've heard is supposed to be the defaultand which I've added to the pincodes file i created in /var/lib/bluetooth/<BTADDR>/

/Marcus

Re: Bluetooth pairing

MarcusJ
Well, If someone is interested, I think I managed to work around this.
I removed the bluez4 package provided by opkg and downloaded the latest source for bluez 4.99.
By compiling and installing this (and by adding some required dbus packages through opkg) I managed to get past the pairing.

Re: Bluetooth pairing

bhamadicharef
Thank you for sharing ... I will soon try BlueZ lib also.
Will report on my progress then.

Brahim HAMADICHAREF