Quantcast

Audio - suppressing clicks and pops

Nye, Philip
Can anyone point me at how to suppress clicks at the beginning or end of playing an audio sample?

I'm using the headset outputs in a circuit pretty much the same as on the Tobi and similar boards. These appear to come from the amplifier turning on or off but I can't be sure. They are definitely not part of the sample itself.

Re: Audio - suppressing clicks and pops

Nye, Philip
Sorry - I should have added, I'm using Angstrom Linux with 3.2 or 3.6 kernels and playing samples with aplay for testing.

On 1 May 2013, at 09:52, Philip Nye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone point me at how to suppress clicks at the beginning or end of playing an audio sample?
>
> I'm using the headset outputs in a circuit pretty much the same as on the Tobi and similar boards. These appear to come from the amplifier turning on or off but I can't be sure. They are definitely not part of the sample itself.

Re: Audio - suppressing clicks and pops

Akram Hameed
Howdy Philip,

I observe the same behaviour via TOBI, so I imagine it is probably nothing intrinsic to your circuit. I'd also be interested in an answer to this. I'd dig in to the audio driver myself, but I have a few other pots on to stove to deal with right now...

Aside: the interjected noise always seems to be the same duration. I'm trying to remember (been a while since I looked at it) whether it is 100ms or briefer in duration...

Cheers,

Akram

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Nye, Philip <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry - I should have added, I'm using Angstrom Linux with 3.2 or 3.6 kernels and playing samples with aplay for testing.

On 1 May 2013, at 09:52, Philip Nye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone point me at how to suppress clicks at the beginning or end of playing an audio sample?
>
> I'm using the headset outputs in a circuit pretty much the same as on the Tobi and similar boards. These appear to come from the amplifier turning on or off but I can't be sure. They are definitely not part of the sample itself.

Re: Audio - suppressing clicks and pops

bhamadicharef
Hi

Can you try to edit your sample/audio and remove the dc content using e.g.
a trial version of WaveLab, and also make sure the beginning and end of your
sample are fade in and fading using a short ramp.

I can try here your sample on a TOBI, Chestnut, PALO35, etc can you share
your sample ?

Brahim