Quantcast

Audio Level too low Recording on Kernel 3.0

Audio Level too low Recording on Kernel 3.0

Francesco Marletta
Hi to all,
I'm trying to prepare a Linux 3.0 based system image for my devices. But I've found a strange problem: the recorded audio is lower than
that on 2.6.34 kernel (I tried the same module with two differents SD, one with kernel 3.0 and the other with kernel 2.6.34, on the same board), so it must be a software related problem. The Alsa settings are the same.

Any idea?

Francesco Marletta
Development Manager

Mobile: +39.3317332107
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Audio Level too low Recording on Kernel 3.0

bhamadicharef
Let's evaluate this ... What is your source and ALSA command.
We can start sharing recordings to check if there are some
Common issues

Brahim

Re: Audio Level too low Recording on Kernel 3.0

Akram Hameed
Howdy Francesco,

We use our overos primarily for processing audio so I have played with them a fair bit - what is your input signal level like? I have not observed any significant differences in digitization between kernels 2.6.36 and 3.0 - though perhaps 2.6.34 is a different kettle of fish.

Cheers,

Akram

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Francesco Marletta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi to all,
I'm trying to prepare a Linux 3.0 based system image for my devices. But I've found a strange problem: the recorded audio is lower than
that on 2.6.34 kernel (I tried the same module with two differents SD, one with kernel 3.0 and the other with kernel 2.6.34, on the same board), so it must be a software related problem. The Alsa settings are the same.

Any idea?

Francesco Marletta
Development Manager

Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B39.3317332107" value="+393317332107" target="_blank">+39.3317332107
Email: [hidden email]