Quantcast

Anstrom Boot up Error

ssgonzo68
I have an Overo Air Com with a micro SD card with the prebuild Angstrom system on it.  I got this error.

Failed to set owner –root for -/var/log/wtmp-.
Failed to set mode -0664- for -/var/log/wtmp-.
Failed to set owner –root for -/var/log/lastlog-.
Failed to set mode -0664- for -/var/log/lastlog-.
Failed to set owner –root for -/var/run/utmp-.
Failed to set mode -0664- for -/var/run/utmp -.
Failed to set owner –root for -/var/run/resolv.conf-.
Failed to set mode -0664- for -/var/run/resolv-.

.-------.
|       |                  .-.
|   |   |-----.-----.-----.| |   .----..-----.-----.
|       |     | __  |  ---'| '--.|  .-'|     |     |
|   |   |  |  |     |---  ||  --'|  |  |  '  | | | |
'---'---'--'--'--.  |-----''----''--'  '-----'-'-'-'
                -'  |
                '---'

The angstrom Distribution overo tty1

Angstrom 2010.7-test-201009009 overo tty1

Overo login:

After I enter root for the login I get …

/bin/login: error while loading shared libraries: libpam_misc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea of what I can do?

Thanks,
Saul

Re: Anstrom Boot up Error

Edward Diaz

I get this error on a brand new overo with no sd card inserted. I cant log in as "root".

-Edward

Re: Anstrom Boot up Error

Edward Diaz

Did you ever figure out the soution, because I have this issue.

Thanks,
Edward

RE: Anstrom Boot up Error

ssgonzo68

Gumstix determined that the card was corrupt.  I got a new card which worked as expected.

Saul

Did you ever figure out the soution, because I have this issue.

Thanks,
Edward

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/Anstrom-Boot-up-Error-tp4952624p4964960.html

To unsubscribe from Anstrom Boot up Error, click here.

RE: Anstrom Boot up Error

Edward Diaz
Edward

RE: Anstrom Boot up Error

Edward Diaz
So the SD card was the issue. I get this error when I boot without an SD card.

My problem might be that I need a card installed in order to boot. If this is so, what image do I put on it.

Is there a link to how to get started, that outlines the sd card requirements ?

Thanks again,
Edward

RE: Anstrom Boot up Error

ssgonzo68

I bought the SD card from Gumstix.  You don’t need an SD card if you are booting off the embedded system, but it sounds like that one is corrupt.  That happened to me to but I could live with it since I only wanted to boot up from the SD card.

If you can wait I probably would send the module back to Gumstix and tell them to send you one that boots.

If you’re willing to boot of an SD card the following site had the easiest instruction to follow and help me create a bootable SD card.

http://www.sakoman.com/category/8-gnome-daily-builds-r13.html

Saul

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/Anstrom-Boot-up-Error-tp4952624p4964973.html

To unsubscribe from Anstrom Boot up Error, click here.

RE: Anstrom Boot up Error

Edward Diaz
A million thanks Saul. :)

-Edward

RE: Anstrom Boot up Error

ssgonzo68

No problem.

Saul

To unsubscribe from Anstrom Boot up Error, click here.