Quantcast

Alternative Video Capturing (beside gstreamer) for Caspapx on kernel 2.6.39

Alternative Video Capturing (beside gstreamer) for Caspapx on kernel 2.6.39

Mark Russell
hi all,

I am currently trying to make Caspapx to work on kernel 2.6.39 due to its low power consumption advantage.

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/Caspa-Camera-on-2-6-39-Kernel-td571619.html

However, it seems like Gstreamer will not work on 2.6.39 and i no longer able to follow Scotts methods as shown below.

http://www.jumpnowtek.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:gumstix-dsp-gstreamer&catid=35:gumstix&Itemid=67

May I know if anyone have an alternative video capturing/pipeline methods to recommend beside Gstreamer for kernels >=2.6.39?Btw, I also need to use the H264 DSP encoding inside Gumstix for my application.

Or, it there any newer kernel that already included this DSP video streaming for Caspapx?

Mark Russell