Quantcast

Alcatraz Expansion Board

Neil MacMunn
Hello Gumstix Users,

We're happy to announce the release of our latest expansion board for
the Overo[STORM] series: Alcatraz.

 https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=281

Designed to help us prototype new expansion boards; we found it so
useful we're making it available to the community. It exposes all
signals from the COM and features on-board power console that can be
connected with jumpers.

If you're working on a custom expansion board this tool is for you.
Find more details at http://pubs.gumstix.com/boards/ALCATRAZ

-
Neil @ Gumstix

TV_OUT Re: Alcatraz Expansion Board

bhamadicharef
Thank you for the infos on the new Alcatraz Expansion Board.

For TV_OUT1 and TV_OUT2 signals, can we then assume that the TV_OUT1 is connected
to TV_VFB1 via a 1650 ohm resistor,  TV_OUT2 is connected to TV_VFB2 via a 1650 ohm
resistor, and TV_REF to the ground using a 100nF capacitor ?

A such configuration as shown in the beagleboard document on
page 76 of 162 http://www.beagleboard.org/uploads/BBSRM_6.pdf

Thank you for your time and help

Best regards

Brahim

Re: TV_OUT Re: Alcatraz Expansion Board

Tyler Jones
Hello Brahim,

As you can see in the schematic, at http://pubs.gumstix.com/boards/ALCATRAZ/R3751/B30022.pdf, for Alcatraz it is not. The Alcatraz is a direct breakout from the Overo only USB console, 3.3V, and 1.8V provided. Even these need to be jumped in order to be connected to the Overo. There are also level shifters provided to change logic signal voltage levels.

-Tyler Jones

On 26 July 2012 09:36, bhamadicharef <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for the infos on the new Alcatraz Expansion Board.

For TV_OUT1 and TV_OUT2 signals, can we then assume that the TV_OUT1 is
connected
to TV_VFB1 via a 1650 ohm resistor,  TV_OUT2 is connected to TV_VFB2 via a
1650 ohm
resistor, and TV_REF to the ground using a 100nF capacitor ?

A such configuration as shown in the beagleboard document on
page 76 of 162 http://www.beagleboard.org/uploads/BBSRM_6.pdf

Thank you for your time and help

Best regards

Brahim

Re: TV_OUT Re: Alcatraz Expansion Board

bhamadicharef
I forgot to add ... can we assume that on the Gumstix Overo for e.g. these
resistors are there ... otherwise there is no use wiring these signals out onto
some connectors or expansion board if we cannot make use of them !

Brahim

Re: Alcatraz Expansion Board

pentesgeorge
i want to ask you if
level shifters on Alcatraz board works bidirectional or unidirectional

Thank you very much,
George

Re: Alcatraz Expansion Board

Neil MacMunn
Hi George,

The level shifters are unidirectional and can be set using jumpers. See the schematic on pubs for details:

This is the part:

-
Neil

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM, pentesgeorge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
i want to ask you if
level shifters on Alcatraz board works bidirectional or unidirectional

Thank you very much,
George

Re: Alcatraz Expansion Board

pentesgeorge